For the love of all things vintage, clever, designed, and/or delicious, we celebrate objects and rituals in all their glory!

3.29.2012

The Golden Day!!!

So....this is sorta kinda a big deal....well, not as big of a deal compare to the golden year...
BUT still...this year, 2012, this month, March, tomorrow, the 30th......is gonna be my golden birthday!!!!
Damn right.. I'll be turning 30 on the 30th!
But I'm WAAAAAAY more excited about the GOLDEN part than some silly insignificant number!
For anyone who knows me, I'm not the type of person to make a big deal out of my birthdays...(except when it involves kareoke) 

Dylan is being a TOTAL sweetheart and is planning the event and all I know is that we'll be having an nice group community dinner at Belle Clementine, which I can't wait!!!
So all I have to worry about is how I can make myself look golden for my big day!
Yah... I know...I sound like I'm 16, but it's been awhile.  :)
(Gold image and tassels above from Confetti System)

I'm not one to go all out and cover myself gold from head to toe like getting some fancy gold evening gown, sexy gold heels, and flashy gold tooth (they all go hand in hand, right?)
...BUT I'm always up for some tasteful gold accessories!

I was looking for a button up shirt with gold accents of some sort and ended up finding THIS gold collar necklace!....that's not available anymore! Bummer!!
But I think I can make something up by sewing a gold collar to go on a simple white dress shirt to classy it up!

I also really want gold polka dots tights, but can't find it anywhere!...I guess that means I'll need to make my own polka dots on my black leggings!! :P

Of course....I would need some solid dancing like THIS pair of amazing gold & black stripped shoes from Totokaelo. DROOOOOL!
 
Also would love this classy Gold Cambridge Satchel (and the neon yellow,too!)

I've also been wanting a gold casio calculator watch for years now.....and I ended up finding THIS 70's vintage Casio on ebay going for about $600! .....it's unbelievably awesome....


Aaaaaand while we're at it, I might as well add THIS special edition Gold Hasselblad camera going for $5,000+ to the of all the things on my list on how to look golden. Why not?


Well...actually I can think of more than a doezon of reason why I shouldn't get all that! But hey...a girl can dream right?!
But, hopefully I'll be able to get at least one of those things before the REAL golden year birthday!

No comments: